Carcassonne Game Festival
Come play the game inspired by the city!
Whether it’s Medieval or Board Games, Carcassonne is in the spotlight throughout the weekend!
Many free activities throughout the weekend!
Saturday 10 September from 10am to 6pm and Sunday 11 September from 10am to 7pm in the Medieval City.
Organised by Asmodee France and Municipal Tourist Office in partnership with the City of Carcassonne and the Centre des Monuments Nationaux in Carcassonne.
Enjoy and have fun all day long
- A chamboule stand: to knock over as many Meeple as possible.
- Meeple Bowling: in which the pins are replaced by “Giant” Meeples
- Preview of the next game in the Carcassonne range: with meetings with the author of the Saga Klaus-Jürgen Wrede and the illustrator Marcel Gröber (Don’t forget your game boxes for signing sessions!)
- A “Draw a Meeple” animation: to test your drawing skills.
- A “Card Challenge! to try to complete, with tiles from the game, an imposed map in relay and win a maximum of points.
- A Giant Carcassonne Game: to play with XXL size tiles. The author of the game may come and challenge you (only on Saturday).
Surprises to be won during some activities!
- Introduction to Calligraphy: for adults and children. Leave with a bookmark personalised by your beautiful pen.
- Weaving and spinning workshop: to discover the history of textiles and medieval techniques and make your own creations (for young and old)
- Medieval fights: with adoubement of the children, initiation to fighting with foam swords or candy catapults.
- Medieval archery: to learn archery on one of the 8 shooting stations.
- Axe throwing: for adults and teenagers who feel like warriors.
And there are always surprises to be won during certain activities!
Come and meet the creator of the board game Carcassonne. He will be present for signing sessions during the Festival. So don’t forget your game boxes!
- Saturday 10 September from 10:30 to 13:00 and from 14:00 to 15:30
- Sunday 11 September from 10am to 12pm.
Meet at the Place du Petit Puits in the medieval city.
The Carcassonne National Grand Tournament
Exclusively on Saturday 10 September
Take on your opponents in the national tournament
In addition to offering dozens of board games, Club Grabuge organizes, thanks to our partner Asmodée, the French Championship in Carcassonne!
The tournament will be played in five Swiss rounds followed by a top 8 knockout round. The basic game will be used here with no extensions or rivers. The players will have 15 minutes each of total playing time to complete their game, measured by clocks. If one of the two players has no more time available, he/she loses the game immediately.
The tie-breaking calculation used will be the Solkoff method, as in chess, by eliminating the worst result among each player’s opponents.
- Try to win a place at the World Championship in Essen (Germany) in early October.
- There are many prizes to be won by all participants
A look back
At the 1st Edition
Thank you everyone for your participation to the
Carcassonne Game Festival
It was a pleasure to see so many people gathered to celebrate the Board Game and the City.