Coming to Carcassonne
A City very easy to get to
All means of transport are good to come to Carcassonne.
A change of scenery just a stone’s throw from your home
Carcassonne is THE ideal place for your stay. Its medieval atmosphere, its landscapes reminiscent of Tuscany, its proximity to the Mediterranean Sea, the Atlantic Ocean, the Pyrenees and Spain… allow you to discover a world apart.
Relax and enjoy the beautiful weather of the South of France, discover its history and the friendliness of the people of the South and their singing accent.
Take the road, train, bus or plane and join us in Carcassonne!
Coming by car
Via the A61 (French Motoway), which takes you to the foot of Carcassonne. This motorway is part of the Autoroute des deux mers linking the Atlantic Ocean to the Mediterranean Sea. This motorway offers a direct connection to the A62, A64, A9 & A20.
- From Paris, approximately 7 hours via the A20.
- From Lyon, about 4 hours via the A7 and A9.
- From Bordeaux, about 3 hours via the A62.
- From Montpellier, about 2 hours via the A9.
- From Toulouse, about 1 hour via the A61.
By Train to Carcassonne
The Carcassonne SNCF Train station, located opposite the Canal du Midi and 30 minutes’ walk from the medieval town, offers a wide range of destinations.
- TER lines (regional lines) to the cities of Occitanie.
- Direct Intercity trains to Marseille, Bordeaux, Agens, Narbonne…
- Direct TGV trains (high speed lines) to Toulouse, Lyon and Paris, Bordeaux, Lilles… with a single connection.
Good Deal by Train
From now on, benefit from a free Carca’Pass when you buy your evasiO’ ticket to Carcassonne and from all the stations in Occitanie.
- Did you know ? The Carca’Pass is valid for 1 year from the date of purchase, so you can come back to the city several times
Flying to Carcassonne
Carcassonne has its own airport “Aéroport Sud de France Carcassonne” located on the route de Montréal near the Salvaza business park. It offers a wide range of European destinations with regular return flights all year round but also flights during the summer period.
- Regular annual flights : Bruxelles, Londres et Manchester.
- Summer flights : Porto, Dublin, Tanger, East Midlands, Cork et Cagliari.
Carcassonne Airport offers a wide range of services including shops, restaurants, free Wifi access and a cash dispenser to ensure a relaxing journey. It also provides 3 short and long term car parks according to your needs as well as a shuttle service adapted to your flight schedule.
Many other airports nearby
It is easy to get to Carcassonne. The destination is in the heart of southern France and therefore has direct access to many airports in the region.
- Toulouse-Blagnac airport is approximately 1 hour away
- Béziers Cap d’Agde airport is approximately 1 hour away.
- Sud de France Perpignan airport is about 1 hour away.
- Montpellier Méditerranée airport is about 2 hours away
- Tarbes-Lourdes Pyrenees airport is about 2.5 hours away.
Getting to Carcassonne by bus
The bus station at 20 Boulevard de Varsovie is home to major bus companies linking Carcassonne to various French and European destinations
- Spain : Barcelona, Lloret del Mar, Bilbao, San Sebastian…
- France : Toulon, Bayonne, Grenoble, Tarbes, Niort, Lyon, Nantes, Marseille…