Where to park in Carcassonne ?
Parking in Carcassonne
Where to park in the Bastide Saint-Louis ?
Located only a twenty-minute walk from the medieval city, the Bastide Saint-Louis car parks allow you to discover both the medieval city and the local heart of Carcassonne.
- P3, Parking Gambetta 403 spaces: 30 minutes free then 1€ per hour.
- P4, Parking André Chénier 340 spaces: 30 minutes free then 1€ per hour.
- P5, Parking Jacobins 211 spaces : 30 minutes free then 1€ per hour.
- P, Parking MJC : 1h free then 1€ per hour.
- Light green Zone, limited to a maximum of 2 hours: 2 hours for €1.
- Green Zone, limited to a maximum of 5 hours: €0.50 per 35 minutes.
- Orange Zone, limited to a maximum of 2 hours: 0.30€ for 20 minutes then 0.50€ for 30 minutes.
Where to park near the Medieval City?
Find 3 car parks near the Medieval City to allow you to discover the city quickly and efficiently.
- P0, Narbonnaise Gate: up to 2 hours, 1€ for 15 minutes & up to 12 hours, 0.50€ for 45 minutes.
- P1, Narbonnaise Gate: up to 2h, 1€ for 15 min & up to 12h, 0.50€ for 45min.
- P2, Aude Gate: up to 2h, 1€ for 15 min & until 12h, 0.50€ for 45min.
Motorhomes in Carcassonne
2 motorhome parks just a stone’s throw from the Medieval City and the Bastide Saint-Louis
- Parking P2 -Aude Gate
- From 20€ for 24h
Contact : +33 4 68 77 73 11
- Chemin Bernard Délicieux – Camping de la Cité
38 spaces, Automated (without electricity), water and drainage
- From 15€ for 24h
Contact : +33 4 68 10 01 00
Between April 1st and October 31st, parking in accommodation mode is only authorised on these equipped areas.
Where can I park my camper van for the day? (Vehicles are not allowed to stay overnight)
Whether it is near the Medieval City or the Bastide Saint-Louis, you have several choices for parking your motor home for the day.
Parking P1, located Chemin de Montlegun, a few meters from the Medieval City. Information on +33 4 68 25 70 61
- Parking on the Boulevard de Varsovie, located on the edge of the Bastide Saint-Louis (only during the summer school holidays)
- The Boulevard Marcou car park in the section between rue Aimé Ramond and rue de Verdun.
- The Route Minervoise along the Canal du Midi.
- The Boulevard Jean Jaurès from n°28 to n°36
By coach to Carcassonne
Parking with a coach or bus in Carcassonne
There are 3 parks in the city of Carcassonne for different buses and coaches. These car parks are restricted, for any additional requests, we advise you to contact +33 4 68 25 70 61.
- Parking P1 is located at Chemin de Montlegun, a few metres from the Medieval City
- The parking spaces on the Boulevard de Varsovie at the edge of the Bastide Saint-Louis.
- The Place Général de Gaulle car park at the entrance to Rue Courtejaire.
Concerning the drop off and pick up of the groups, please follow the information below:
- From September to June, drop off/pick up of groups is possible at the “stop minute” located in front of the Medieval City at the Narbonnaise Gate, then park at P1.
- July and August, Drop off/pick up is not allowed at the “stop minute”, you must park directly at P1.